The Equality and Human Rights Commission wants to hear about disabled and older people who have experienced discrimination when using, or trying to use, public transport in Scotland.
Who can apply?
- Advisers and solicitors on behalf of a client who is older or disabled
- In limited circumstances we may be able to accept applications from individuals who are older or disabled
What is covered by the project?
Trains, trams, subway, buses, coaches, taxis, minicabs, hire vehicles, recovery vehicles, boats and ferries (land-based services only), booking and other communication with operators (by phone, online or in person), access to transport premises.
Examples of discrimination may include
- Harassment from transport drivers
- Transport operators failing to make reasonable adjustments
- Problems with booking systems
To apply for legal support, or to find out more about the project, visit our website:
If you need help completing your application, please
contact us. BSL interpretation is also available.
Phone: 0141 228 5959