Welcome to the Accessible Travel Hub!
Hosted by Disability Equality Scotland, the Accessible Travel Hub is a place for you to find information, articles and guidance about accessible travel in Scotland.
The Hub launched alongside the Accessible Travel Framework, a ten-year plan launched by Transport Scotland to improve travel access for disabled people.
Hate Crime Charter
Disability Equality Scotland is working with transport providers and partners to launch a national Hate Crime Charter, which aims to encourage transport providers, members of the public and other services to support a zero-tolerance approach to hate crime.
COVID-19: Changes to Public Transport
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has restricted travel and there has been reduced services on trains, buses, planes and ferries.
- The Transport Scotland website features information and guidance on the latest travel advice.
- Visit Traveline Scotland or check with your provider for the latest information on services.
- Scottish Government guidance on face coverings
- There are situations where some people are unable to wear a face covering. Request a face covering exemption card.
- We are continuing to post the latest updates from providers on our News and Blog feed.
Share Your Experiences
Whether you work for a transport provider who has recently changed your passenger assistance service or a member of the public who has faced challenges accessing transport, we want to hear from you.
Mode of Transport
Click on a mode of transport to find out more information about the accessibility and passenger assistance offered by transport providers across Scotland!
Accessible Travel Framework
Transport Scotland launched the first national Accessible Travel Framework for Scotland; a ten-year plan to improve travel access for disabled people.
The purpose of the Framework is to support disabled people’s rights by removing barriers and improving access to travel; and ensuring disabled people are fully involved in work to improve all aspects of travel.
The Accessible Travel Hub will keep you up to date with what is happening as Transport Scotland implement the Accessible Travel Framework.