Browse our list of training resources which can assist in improving your knowledge of disability, access and inclusion.
Disability Awareness Training
Training courses to improve knowledge and understanding of disability.
- Community Transport Association: – The Disability Awareness module focuses on the safe transportation of people with disabilities in small passenger carrying vehicles (minibuses).
- Deafblind Scotland’s Accredited and Certificated Training – A range of training courses that can be adapted to meet the needs of the client. From advising a company lead to realise a more equal and accessible working environment and business premises, to one-to-one sessions guiding deafblind employee(s) and others with visual and/or hearing impairments to cope better in the workplace.
- ENABLE Scotland – ENABLE Scotland has experience in designing and delivering services based on principles of personalisation. Sharing their experiences for the benefit of the wider social care sector, by offering training and consultancy to other organisations moving towards personalised service delivery.
- Leonard Cheshire – Disability Equality Training workshops provide the tools your business needs to become ‘disability smart’. The interactive sessions are suitable for people at all levels and delivered by expert trainers in your own workplace.
- Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living – Our training service creates learning opportunities for disabled people to develop their skills and also offers competitively priced training for organisations on topics such as Disability Equality and Self-Directed Support.
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) – Course material includes responding to a mental health crisis and information about the most common mental health problems. Participants develop skills in asking appropriate questions, listening without judgement and giving guidance about where help can be found. Provided by NHS Scotland.
- Centre for Inclusive Living Perth and Kinross (CILPK): Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Training (Perth and Kinross) – Centre for Inclusive Living Perth and Kinross (CILPK) are currently providing disability awareness training to all Wheelchair accessible taxi drivers in Perth and Kinross.
Inclusive Communication Training
Training courses to improve accessibility of information.
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication – Commissioned by NHS Education for Scotland (NES) as part of the Scottish Right to Speak initiative, CALL Scotland has developed five short online learning modules on augmentative and alternative communication.
- Scottish Accessible Information Forum (SAIF) – SAIF provides in house training sessions and short online courses. Our training has been developed to raise awareness of and provide guidance on the various aspects of producing accessible information.