- Edinburgh Airport, assisted by the Queen Elizabeth’s Foundation for Disabled
People Tryb4ufly service, invite you to join us for one or both of:
- A practical session to learn how to make your journeys by air as smooth as possible (10am until 3pm).
- A consultation group to allow collaboration between the airport, the disabled community and frequent reduced mobility travellers (3pm until 5pm).
- The day is suitable for individual travellers, parents of disabled children, and
assisting health professionals who are considering flying.
- With industry experts and the team at Edinburgh Airport we guide you through
the whole journey by air, from booking to arrival at your destination to reduce
stress and make your journey comfortable.
- A replica aircraft cabin will be available for you to see and try seating and
The ‘guide to flying’ session will cover:
Booking, insurance, safe carriage of your wheelchair, being fit to fly & medicines,
hiring equipment abroad, check in & security, boarding the aircraft, managing
challenging behaviours, aircraft seating, airport facilities, hidden disabilities & using
Time: 3rd February 2017 – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Edinburgh Airport Hilton Hotel, EH28 8LL